Dimensional shingles, also known as architectural or laminated shingles, provide a stunning three-dimensional appearance. Some of the most attractive architectural roofing shingles simulate cedar wood shakes. These shingles are quite thick with random slots similar to real shakes. Another unique architectural shingle design imitates the look of slate without the weight issues that normally accompany those materials. These architectural roofing shingles do not require any additional roof support as slate would.
Dimensional shingle roofs are becoming increasingly popular in Ohio because:
● They are among the highest quality roofing products available
● Due to the thicker layer of material, they offer more protection from wind and hail than asphalt shingles – the heaviest grade can withstand winds up to 120 mph
● Dimensional shingles are also very fire resistant, especially if they have a heavily granulated top coat, which provides the highest fire rating of Class A
● They have a longer lifespan, usually lasting for 40 years while manufacturer warranties can be seen anywhere from 20 to 50 years
● Most asphalt architectural shingle products have a design feature that helps prevent black streaking caused by algae, a common problem seen on roofing shingles in areas with high humidity and rainfall totals
Let your choice of roofing contractors be the best — choose Possert Construction. Contact us for an estimate.